UND’s 2014-15 schedule (subject to change) is highlighted by two big nonconference matchups — at Wisconsin and home against Providence.
The Badger series will be a rematch of the NCAA regional game and the Friars have nearly everyone back, including star goalie Jon Gillies, from their NCAA tournament team.
UND also will host the Hall of Fame Game on Nov. 1 against Air Force.
I posted the new schedule on the right side of this page, so you can return here for quick reference and not have to seek out this blog post.
Oct. 5 — Canadian exhibition TBA
Oct. 10 — BEMIDJI STATE
Oct. 11 — at Bemidji State
Oct. 17 — at Colorado College
Oct. 18 — at Colorado College
Oct. 24 — PROVIDENCE
Oct. 25 — PROVIDENCE
Nov. 1 — AIR FORCE (Hall of Fame Game)
Nov. 7 — at Wisconsin
Nov. 8 — at Wisconsin
Nov. 14 — MIAMI
Nov. 15 — MIAMI
Nov. 21 — at St. Cloud State
Nov. 22 — at St. Cloud State
Nov. 28 — OMAHA
Nov. 29 — OMAHA
Dec. 5 — LAKE SUPERIOR STATE
Dec. 6 — LAKE SUPERIOR STATE
Dec. 12 — at Denver
Dec. 13 — at Denver
Jan. 3 — U.S. UNDER-18 (exhibition)
Jan. 9 — DULUTH
Jan. 10 — DULUTH
Jan. 16 — NIAGARA
Jan. 17 — NIAGARA
Jan. 23 — COLORADO COLLEGE
Jan. 24 — COLORADO COLLEGE
Jan. 30 — at Omaha
Jan. 31 — at Omaha
Feb. 13 — DENVER
Feb. 14 — DENVER
Feb. 21 — at Western Michigan
Feb. 22 — at Western Michigan
Feb. 27 — ST. CLOUD STATE
Feb. 28 — ST. CLOUD STATE
March 6 — at Miami
March 7 — at Miami
March 13-15 — NCHC first round (higher seed)
March 20-21 — NCHC tournament (Target Center, Minneapolis)
March 27-29 — NCAA tournament (Scheels Arena, Fargo)
April 9-11 — NCAA Frozen Four (T.D. Garden, Boston)
Some notes about the schedule:
- If UND makes the NCAA tournament, it will automatically be placed in Fargo. UND is the host of that regional. The other regional sites are South Bend, Ind., Providence, R.I., Manchester, N.H.
- Two North Dakota kids will return back home to play in Lake Superior State’s Bryce Schmitt of Minot and Air Force’s Chad Demers of Grafton.
- UND will go almost a month and a half without a road game from the middle of December to the end of January. UND has a lengthy Christmas break followed by three straight home series to open the second half.
- For those curious, Wisconsin’s football team is on the road at Purdue when UND is in Madison. So, you won’t be able to check that out if you make that trip, but it should mean that there are more hotel possibilities.
- Duluth is the one place that UND does not visit and Western Michigan is the one team that doesn’t come to The Ralph.
- UND closes the regular season in Oxford against Miami. With the RedHawks getting all of their stars back for next season, that could be a series with huge implications.
- Lastly, we could potentially have two Serratore fan lunches in a month span. Does it get any better than that?