It was snowing and windy when the team hit the ice at Riverside Park this afternoon for an unconventional outdoor practice.
The team was on the ice for about 45 minutes scrimmaging and doing a drill, while several fans stopped by to watch.
For a full story on the practice, including some great photos from Eric Hylden, check out the Herald site here. How can you not love the classic photo of Clarke Saunders returning back to The Ralph from practice?
The temps will be vastly different in Omaha this week. In fact, the forecast is for upper 40s on Saturday. How will that affect the game and the ice?
According to the president of the Omaha Sports Commission, it will not. But the potential of rain is something to watch. This story details how weather could affect the game and what the backup plan would be in case of a downpour. Read it here.
A couple notable things people have asked about:
- Alcohol will be served at the game.
- Fans will be allowed to tailgate in the parking lot at the stadium.
- Much of the lower deck is actually covered by the upper deck, so if there is a drizzle, you will be covered. Watch the weather forecast as it could change (and already has since yesterday).
- Fans will be allowed to leave the stadium once per game.
- There will be special merchandise for the game.
- If you have any other questions let me know and I will try to get them answered.