Since we’re only four weeks away from the NCAA tournament field being picked for real, I figured it’s time to start having fun looking at how the field might play out. Obviously, a ton can and will change during the last two weeks of the regular season and the playoffs, so take this with a grain of salt.
One thing of note is that since Niagara is in the top 16 of the Pairwise, it is completely possible that all of the top 16 get in (if Niagara wins the AHA tournament). If the NCAAs started today, this is how I think the bracket would look:
(1) Quinnipiac vs. (4) Notre Dame
(2) Niagara vs. (3) St. Cloud State
Grand Rapids, Mich.
(1) Minnesota vs. (4) RPI
(2) MSU-Mankato vs. (3) Western Michigan
(1) Miami vs. (4) Yale
(2) North Dakota vs. (3) UMass-Lowell
(1) Boston College vs. (4) Dartmouth
(2) New Hampshire vs. (3) Denver
And on the women’s side….
(8) North Dakota at (1) Minnesota
(7) Mercyhurst at (2) Cornell
(6) Harvard at (3) Boston College
(5) Boston University at (4) Clarkson