A full rewind post will be up in the afternoon, but here are a few quick notes with one day left in the WCHA regular season (well, two days if you count Sunday afternoon’s UAA-DU tilt):
1. UND will be either the No. 2 or No. 3 seed for the WCHA playoffs. In order to be the No. 2 seed, UND needs to get one more point than Minnesota tonight.
2. UND is guaranteed to play either Michigan Tech or Bemidji State.
3. If Minnesota beats Bemidji State tonight, UND will be locked in against Michigan Tech for the first round, no matter what happens in the other games.
4. UND can still clinch a share of the WCHA title and be proclaimed MacNaughton Cup champs with a win coupled with a Wisconsin win over St. Cloud State. The Huskies have already clinched their share and will be the No. 1 seed for the playoffs. They will take on Anchorage.
The full standings are on the right of the page. The possible tiebreakers for 4-7 go like this:
Mankato > Wisconsin
Denver > Mankato
Mankato > Omaha
Wisconsin > Denver
Wisconsin > Omaha
Denver > Omaha
1. Wisconsin, 2. Denver, 3. Mankato
1. Denver, 2. Mankato, 3. Omaha
1. Wisconsin, 2. Mankato, 3. Omaha
1. Wisconsin, 2. Denver, 3. Mankato, 4. Omaha
So, in other words, Omaha loses every tiebreaker and needs a win against Duluth today to have a shot at hosting a first-round playoff series. A loss or a tie and the Mavs end up on the road.